Why not take advantage of the tax benefits of donating stocks and shares?
The rules on donating shares to charities offer you an excellent opportunity to cut your tax bill whilst increasing your donation to BFHU.
If you are a higher-rate taxpayer:
• This would reduce your tax bill by £400
• And, if this was a taxable capital gain…
• You could avoid another £200 in tax
• So a donation of £1,000 costs you only £400.
Even if you are a basic rate taxpayer, a gift of £1,000 in shares would cost you only £700 under the same rules.
Adding to our investment portfolio is a long-term way of ensuring our future. Gifts of quoted shares and securities enable us to plan future support of the University by supplementing Endowment Funds we already hold.
You can help us by donating any of these investments:
• Listed shares and securities
• Units in authorised unit trusts
• Shares in open-ended investment companies
• Holdings in foreign collective investment schemes
• Unlisted shares or securities dealt with by a recognised stock exchange, such as the Alternative Investment Market.
For all share-giving opportunities, call Nigel Salomon on 020 8349 5757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org