About

The Hebrew University of Jerusalem

The Hebrew University of Jerusalem was founded on Mount Scopus in 1918 by great luminaries including Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud, Chaim Weizmann, Martin Buber and Ahad Ha’am. Opened in 1925 with a vision to be a light to the nations, the Hebrew University is located on three main campuses in Jerusalem, a fourth in Rehovot along with the veterinary teaching hospital in Bet Dagan and The Inter-University Institute for Marine Sciences in Eilat.

History of the Hebrew University