How to Apply
1. Application Form: Completed and signed. The form may either be downloaded as a pdf or requested from our office.
2. Application Fee (non refundable): $80 must be paid directt to the Hebrew University. This can be done online on http://overseas.huji.ac.il Where a student number is requested at this stage please insert 000000. Without this fee, applications will not be processed.
3. Dormitory Deposit: $75 for all sessions, required to reserve University housing. Places will be reserved only upon receipt of the deposit. Late applicants cannot be guaranteed a dormitory space.
4. Transcript: An official copy of the applicant's most recent University transcript or an authorised photocopy of his/her degree. If you have not studied at University, please include copies of your A-level results.
5. Letter of Recommendation: One letter, evaluating the applicant's character and academic ability. If currently enrolled in an institution of higher education, the recommendation must be from an instructor.
6. Three Photographs: with your name and passport number written on the back of each one.
7. Medical Certificate: (not applicable for new immigrants or those who will be covered by one of the Israeli Health Funds) completed and signed by the physician. Download the form here.
8. Hebrew Placement Test Answer Sheet: To be submitted by candidates for all Modern Hebrew language courses. Those with little or no Hebrew knowledge should complete at least the first section of Part 1. The relevant pages should be included with the application.
Please Note: Since this test is designed to help us place you in the most appropriate class for you, it is important that you do it on your own and without a dictionary.
Download: Part 1 (PDF) Part 2 (PDF)
Students with no Hebrew knowledge are advised to review the Hebrew Alphabet Learning Programme of the Division of Hebrew Language Instruction.
• For payment guidelines, please refer to Fees.
• Decisions will only be finalised when all documents are received.
• Remember to notify us of any changes of address or personal information.
Where to Send the Application
The Rothberg International School
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Boyar Building, Mount Scopus
91905 Jerusalem, ISRAEL
The University reserves the right to cancel courses