During the General Assembly of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, held 21 June 2022, ten new members were elected to the Academy, bringing the number of Academy members to 143.
The five new Hebrew University members are
- Prof. Shulamit Elizur, Hebrew Literature, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Michael Karayanni, Law, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Roger Kornberg, Molecular Biology, Stanford University, and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Noam Nisan, Computer Science, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Ronit Ricci, Asian Studies, Comparative Religion, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Sternberg-Tamir Chair in Comparative Cultures, Departments of Asian Studies and Religion
Academy President Prof. David Harel welcomed the new members, expressing his confidence that alongside their accomplishments in research and their excellence, they would contribute greatly to the Academy’s work and enrich it with the best of their knowledge and experience