Shlomo Hasson is Professor Emeritus at Hebrew University where he teaches and conducts research.
- For 40 years, he taught in the Department of Geography, the Institute of Urban and Regional Studies, and the School of Public Policy.
- He holds the Leon Safdie Chair at the Institute of Urban and Regional Studies and serves as the head of Hebrew University’s Shasha Center for Strategic Studies.
- His main fields of interest are geopolitics at the global and regional levels, urban and regional planning, innovation, science and technology, human capital and the role of higher education, democracy and governance and strategic thinking.
- He works as a consultant to several government offices and municipalities, has published more than 30 books and monographs and more than 100 articles.
- At Hebrew University’s Shasha Center for Strategic Studies, researchers have developed a set of possible scenarios for the world in the wake of the current pandemic. As part of their work, they are advising the National Economic Council in the Prime Minister’s Office, helping devise strategies to cope with the COVID-19 crisis.