Sun 23rd Aug 2020 @ 6:00pm - 7:00pm
A panel discussion with Knesset Member Zvi Hauser and The Hebrew University’s Professor Shlomo Hasson, moderated by Ambassador Ido Aharoni.
Please note UK times are 6-7pm
Who Will You See There?
Ido Aharoni is currently Professor of International Relations at New York University, serving as Global Distinguished Professor for international relations.
- Former Consul General of Israel in New York.
- 25-year veteran of Israel’s Foreign service.
- Public diplomacy specialist, founder of the Brand Israel Program and a well-known nation branding practitioner.
- He has regularly appeared on national television and radio in the United States and has frequently published articles in the national and international media.
Shlomo Hasson is Professor Emeritus at Hebrew University where he teaches and conducts research.
- For 40 years, he taught in the Department of Geography, the Institute of Urban and Regional Studies, and the School of Public Policy.
- He holds the Leon Safdie Chair at the Institute of Urban and Regional Studies and serves as the head of Hebrew University’s Shasha Center for Strategic Studies.
- His main fields of interest are geopolitics at the global and regional levels, urban and regional planning, innovation, science and technology, human capital and the role of higher education, democracy and governance and strategic thinking.
- He works as a consultant to several government offices and municipalities, has published more than 30 books and monographs and more than 100 articles.
- At Hebrew University’s Shasha Center for Strategic Studies, researchers have developed a set of possible scenarios for the world in the wake of the current pandemic. As part of their work, they are advising the National Economic Council in the Prime Minister’s Office, helping devise strategies to cope with the COVID-19 crisis.
Zvi Hauser is currently a Knesset Member as part of the Blue and White parliamentary group.
- Hauser entered public service in 1994, serving as spokesman for the Likud party under then-Opposition Leader Benjamin Netanyahu.
- In 1996, Hauser was appointed Senior Advisor to Communications Minister Limor Livnat.
- In 1997, Hauser was appointed Chairman of the Council for Cable and Satellite Broadcasting at the age of 29.
- In 1999, he returned to the private sector as a consultant at the law firm of Goldfarb Seligman.
- In 2007, he was appointed Cabinet Secretary, serving in this position until 2013.
- In addition, Hauser served as Cabinet Spokesman and Acting Director-General of the Prime Minister’s Office.
- Until his election to the Knesset in 2019, Hauser founded and headed the Coalition for the Israeli Golan, promoting recognition of Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights.
- Hauser is a father of two and lives in Tel Aviv.
The peace agreement between Israel and the United Arab Emirates